In addition to the regular semester Student Exchange Program, students can also participate in the Summer Programs to gain international exposure. The Summer Programs will take place during the school vacation from middle of May to late July. Each Summer Program will last from 2 weeks to 6 weeks.
List of Summer Programs Administered by NUS Business School
- Doing Business in China – Peking University (2 weeks)
- International Summer University Program – Copenhagen Business School (6 weeks)
- WHU European Bachelor Summer Institute – Otto Beisheim School of Management (2 weeks)
- Doing Business in Europe - European Business School (3 weeks)
- International Summer Program – McGill University (4 weeks)
- Business & Culture in Mexico – ITAM (6 weeks)
- McCombs School of Business BBA Global Business Program (4 weeks)
- HKUST International Summer Program (6 weeks)
- Summer School at Imperial College London (4 weeks)
- Bocconi University Campus Abroad Summer Program (4 weeks)
[note: this program is run by Bocconi University and conducted in NUS Business School]
- HEC Paris Summer School (6 weeks)
- Vancouver Summer Program – UBC (4 weeks)
Students can also attend the Summer Programs administered by NUS International Relations Office (IRO).
Application for Summer Programs
From January to March each year, emails will be sent to business students who are eligible to apply for the Summer Programs administered by NUS Business School.
Students can also check out IRO's website regularly for the application instruction of each Summer Program administered by IRO.
Please note that:
(1) Summer/winter programs which are less than three weeks will not qualify for modular credit transfer.
(2) Module mapping does not equate to credit transfer in these summer/winter programs.
Credit Transfer of Summer Program Modules
With effect from AY2018/19 (August 2018 to July 2019)
- Maximum of 2 modules (up to 10 MCs) can be mapped per 6 weeks or longer summer program during special term (May to August)
- Maximum of one (1) module (up to 5 MCs) can be mapped per 3 to 5 weeks summer/winter program
Total of 12 MCs (3 modules) from a maximum of 2 overseas summer/winter programs can be mapped without having to pay NUS tuition fee. Additional MCs mapped will be subject to special term fee.
Students are required to obtain module mapping approval prior to the start of the summer program if they would like to transfer back the credits earned. Upon completion of the summer program, they will need to submit the transcript to the Student Exchange Office by 15th of October for credit transfer.
Similar to the Student Exchange Program, modules taken during the Summer Programs are non-graded, ie, not considered into the computation of the CAP.
Please refer to: https://share.nus.edu.sg/registrar/student/info/SU-FAQs.pdf, Q8 for the number of non-graded modules students can do in their degree program.
"Students are to take note that credits will only be transferred for Summer Programs administered by NUS i.e., the Business School, IRO, or other non-business faculties."
"Students should note that even if a University is a partner institution of NUS regular semester SEP, whose courses can generally be mapped back to NUS for credits, IF the summer program offered by this University is NOT considered as an approved NUS administered summer program, NO credit will be allotted. This also applies to any winter program which students may take."